I have many inspirational topics and can tailor-make a keynote address for your specific circumstances.
Topics could include…
- The Basics of Community Engagement
- The SpeakOut model of community engagement
- “The Psychology of NIMBY”
- Place attachment and so-called NIMBY responses to urban change and development
- “Homing Instinct”: what we need to know about community reactions to housing density increases
- “Heartstorming”: an antidote to the industry of so-called “community visioning” in planning
- Caring for Nature in difficult times
- Housing and Density: what do planners and managers need to know?
- “The deeper meanings of housing”
- The ethics and politics of community engagement
- “Kitchen Table Sustainability” how to engage local communities with sustainability issues
- “Kids, Nature and the Bubble Wrap”: How to design our cities and towns to ensure that children grow up to know and love Nature
- “Planning, Advocacy and Activism”: keys to a rewarding professional life as a planner
- Managing the intergenerational workplace
- “The Study of Success”: examples of successful community engagement programs in Australia
- “Creative Community Engagement”: transformational methods for working at The Edge and inspiring participants’ creativity
- “Planning and Ethics”: issues for the workplace, the community and the individual
- “The Initiatory Journey”: environmental ethics and personal transformation
- “Housing as if People Mattered”: creating housing that matches the needs of residents
- “Housing Density”: What works and what doesn’t work?
- Shared space in medium-density housing
- New ways of thinking about sustainability and community engagement
- Lessons from an owner builder: ten years of living on a site and learning from it
- Housing for diverse communities
- Housing for older people
- The design of public open space
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org discuss any of your ideas.
To download my 2013 offering of workshops, keynotes and training, click here: